Monday, May 18, 2009

Am I Cursed?

Okay, my life should really be a slap-stick romantic comedy. It gets worse! More horror stories for ya! Just two weeks ago, I'm out with my mom for her birthday. We go out to this lounge with music for drinks with some friends of mine as well. We are sitting by the dancefloor and I spotted what I imagined to be "the man of my dreams". LOL He was absolutely adorable and his dance moves, even better. I was in awe and whispered to my mother "Mom, that guy right there, is my kinda guy!" She starts to laugh and I was just checking him out, moving around the dance floor with his smooth moves. I noticed he kept looking over to me and he smiled. I smiled back, kinda flirting which takes a lot for me because believe it or not...I AM SHY! This guy definitely caught my eye, so I wasn't trying to hold back and wanted to show him that I was in fact interested. So, he leaves the dancefloor and that was that. My friends and I started to dance and one of them brings a group of guys over and one of them is my "dream guy"! So, we were introduced and ended up like magnets towards each other. We started to dance and chat it up on the dancefloor with your basic questions "What's your name, where do you live, where do you work, etc?" He was actually in the Navy, working in Manhattan. He had his military suit on and all since it was an after-work party. I thought he was just delish and he had an outgoing, fun personality and his dance moves rocked! I'm a dancer myself so when I see a guy that can keep up with me...that's a PLUS! So, he tells me "Would I be too forward by asking you for your number?" Of course inside I'm like "NOT AT ALL! I've wanted you from the second I laid eyes on you!" LOL I was like "I don't mind, no" So, I gave him my number and he called it right there and left me a funny voicemail which I thought was cute. Anyhoo, after that he thanked me for the dance and gave me a sweet kiss on my cheek. I went back to my mom and told her and she was excited for me. Well, that was on a Friday night...then comes Sunday and I receive a phone call from him, which was nice! So, we were catching up, getting to know a little more about each other and he asks me if I had plans that night. I was already out on the town and wasn't going to get home until later so I told him I might be available later. He tells me he'd like to see a movie with me -- at his place. Uhhhhmmmm...I started to think "His place???" That's a bit too soon. I also found out he lives in New Jersey and that's a bit of a trip. He was going to pick me up, but I had work the next day and wasn't planning on hanging out too late. So, I told him that we should save it for another day and he was fine with it. He said that during the week after work, we could meet up and that he'd pick me up. From what I understood, he said he was going to pick me up the next day after work which was Monday. Monday comes and nothing. I wasn't planning on calling the guy either, he's the one that pursued me and wanted to meet up so I left the ball in his court. Tuesday comes...no word. But of course...just my luck...meet a guy that I AM actually interested from the very beginning...and it's a DUD! Wednesday I actually worked up the nerves to text him (for my own curiousity) and say what's up? AAAAAAAAAAND no response. I'm telling ya...don't know what on earth happened there either, but I haven't heard from him since. You think he got shipped out to Iraq???!!! LOL Should I just give up?! UGH! LOL Your thoughts...

4 comments:

  1. well that was RUDE. Forget him!...he should have at least called to let you know he wouldn't make it since he was getting shipped out to Iraq lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be that he was really interested in having you that night and felt a little brushed off, or sensed that you wanted something more? But that's just a possibility given the your post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...thank you. I was thinking that maybe he DID in fact want to see me that night...but maybe all he wanted was one thing since he DID invite me to his place so soon??? Why makes plans to meet up and totally not call...not nice! Oh well, NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show there is more to a book than it's cover.

    I agree, a little too soon on the "come to my place for a movie". He might as well have said, "I get the candles burning, play some mood music before starting Fatal Attraction on my DVD player."

    Boo hoo, his loss. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete